Multiple Vacancies Available
Full time, part-time and casual work vacancies available for support workers in Scunthorpe and Surrounding Areas, Barton-upon Humber and New Holland.
Fantastic opportunity to join an established family-run domiciliary care provider based throughout North Lincolnshire and Lincolnshire. Amara Care has been providing domiciliary care consultation, therapy, residential services, facilities and services for, and on behalf of, people who have a learning disability and accompanying emotional needs since 2004.
As a Support Worker you will be responsible for supporting all Amara Care service users to reach their full potential through person-centered planning and promoting independence and choice, enabling them to lead a meaningful life.
This includes assisting with personal care tasks and medication administration, day to day activities e.g., shopping, supporting service users to manage and meet their tenancy requirements, assisting with day to day budgeting, and supporting service users to attend medical appointments and access the community.
Required Skills & Traits
- A desire and passion to motivate and lead by example enabling others to develop
- Experience of working with Adults with Learning Disabilities and Complex needs (preferred but not essential)
- Ability to listen and advocate for those in your care to maintain their dignity and respect at all times
- Being friendly and approachable
- Being ambitious and motivated
- Ability to lead and be led and to communicate and listen efficiently
- Ability to use own initiative and to work within a team
- Ability to resolve problems, make smart decisions and share ideas
- Be thorough in all reporting of events
- Take responsibility for your own work and share with others
- Being discrete, maintaining individual’s privacy and dignity at all times
- Coaching others and supporting new staff to work with individuals
- Ability to multitask and be flexible to meet needs of the company and service users
Additional Benefits Offered By Amara Care
- Opportunities for overtime
- Opportunities to progress within the Company
- Performance Related Pay System
- Long service rewards
- Additional Day’s Annual Leave for Staff Birthdays
- All necessary training provided with opportunities to go onto higher training e.g., Diplomas.